Thursday, June 19, 2014

Writing Contest

Kathryn here!

I apologize for the lack of writing here at BOYH. We're going to try to change that. But to get things rolling... *drumroll*... We are going to have a contest!

This contest will be between the contributors, not including myself, since I will be the judge. I may hold some contests where everyone (Yes, followers! That means you!) can enter soon.

Alright, here are the rules.

1. You must enter only a paragraph, not an entire story. I'm not going to make it a specific word count, because I know those are hard to do. So just try not to make it too long.

2. It may be about anything! A gruesome pirate who has kidnapped a young woman and she is devising an escape plan. A Revolutionary War solider as he fights under the brave General Washington. A man has an accident and wakes up not knowing who he is... You get the idea. And pick a random spot in your story, if you'd like. You don't have to start at the very beginning. *cue Sound of Music song* Sorry, I got distracted.

3. It starts now, and ends on the 26th of June. Yeah, I know that's only a week, but I hate waiting. And if it's any longer, Dory here will forget she even has a contest going. Or a blog called Breathings of Your Heart, for that matter.

4. Don't post your entry, just email it to me. I will pick a winner, and maybe some runners up, and those will get posted on BOYH. There is no prize. Just the fact that you are the winner. :)

5. Be creative and have fun!

If you have any questions, email me. I'm so excited to see all the entries!

On your marks, get set, WRITE!

Kathryn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment